Advice for Renters
DO NOT FORGET
Before leaving your country
- Your mobile phone. Be sure that it works abroad.
- Your country code because you may need to give a call.
- The phone number of your personal insurance company. You never know
what happens, as we say in Greece prevention is the best treatment.
- Your passport, your identification card, your driving license. Be sure that all are valid.
Before booking your car
- Compare the prices and check carefully the hidden extras. There are a lot of non-professional companies that may deceit you.
- Check terms and conditions and take care of the insurances. Clarify what is included and what is not in every offer.
- Check which is the charge of extra services. If you will need a
child-seat be sure that you have informed the company for the exact age
of your baby, because there may be differences from country to country.
Upon the delivery
- Check if the car is in a good condition. If there are any small
damages or scratches be sure that are written down on your contract and
do not forget to check that there is a spare tire inside the car. Let
the company’s representative to explain you how to handle the specific
- Give to the company’s representative your mobile phone number and
be sure that you have written down his. Ask him for instructions for
your destination and do not forget to take the road map which our
company is providing for free.
- Ask the representative about the kind of the fuel of the car. If it
is unleaded gasoline or diesel. Check also the level of the fuel
because you have to return the car in the same level that you have
received it. Be sure that the level of the fuel is written down in the
- Be sure that on the contract is written down the correct place of
collection of the car and the correct final date and time of your rental
- Ask the representative what you have to do in case of an accident. Be sure that you have sufficiently understood the procedure.
- Safe driving is preventing an accident. Seatbelt saves lives.
- Respect the traffic signs. That is the reason that they exist on the roads.
- Do not get drunk before driving and do not make any use of drugs.
It is highly dangerous and in that case there is no insurance coverage.
- Be sure that if there is a second driver he/she holds the driving
license and that the number of the driving license is properly written
on the rental contract.
- Be sure that your children (if you have) sit properly on the back seats of the car or on the child-seat wearing seatbelts.
- Respect the car which you have rented, because there will be also other people, that they are going to rent it.
Case of accident
- Stay calm and do not panic.
- If anybody is injured help him and call the ambulance if needed.
- Call directly the car rental company and inform them about your exact location.
- Call the police if needed. Be sure that the report of the accident
will be written down correctly. Ask for an alcohol test if you assume
that the driver of the other vehicle is drunk.
- Be sure that you have obtained all the information about the other
vehicle. (registration number, driver’s name, color and type of the car)